Kisses in the Mirror



I see I see
What I haven’t seen for such a long time

I dreamed I dreamed
Of someone by my side
To have 20 fingers instead of ten
To kick the world with four feet
Beat the hell out of all the insecurities
To jump, skip hand in hand
Rolling over grass
Knowing that the present is the promised land
Surfing clouds
And sailing dreams
Injecting our veins with this momentarily bliss
And the best
To have
Four lips, legs, arms, hands, eyes, nipples, bum cheeks
And two tongues, noses 
And two of our saintly private bits
And all of that
All together
Kiss kiss kiss
On a daily base
Celebrating the feast
Which life is
Most of the time
When we fly even without having taken off

I dreamed and dreamed
And I still dream
Yet now when I look into the mirror
And see clearly what I see
I feel blessed and a heavenly bliss
I kiss the tips of my fingers
All ten of them
I caress my hands, my cheeks, my eyelids and even my nose wings
And wink to the reflection that I see
Kiss kiss kiss
Myself wherever my lips can reach
And I remember the story my mum once told me
Of how given birth was such a pain
That she just wanted them to take me away
 Without even having a glimpse
Yet when arriving at home
Her hearth filled with affection and delight
And she kissed kissed  kissed
This petite creature who would become me
All over it little tiny body
As she realized
A new life had born
And she wasn’t no longer alone

And here I stand eye to eye with myself
It’s not the first time
But it has been a while
Or honestly said a bit more than that
And in a glimpse
It has dawned upon me
That a rebirth has taken place
Right in front of and in me
I have myself
Full and complete
And I kiss, kiss, kiss
My self all over this now full-grown body
And I have peace
With kicking the world only with two feet

(Left                  and                              right)

Comentarios

Entradas populares